Venison Loin, Boneless
Venison loin from New Zealand, grass-fed, raised on tall-grass pastures, with no added antibiotics or growth stimulants. As free-range as it gets without being wild, our venison comes from ranches that practice sustainable methods and provide the deer vast pastures in a pristine environment. Our venison is superior-quality lean red meat that offers great taste, tender texture, and health benefits.
Just the facts
- Authentic, Cervena-certified venison
- Every farm practices sustainable farming methods and humane treatment of animals
- Grass fed, pasture raised
- No antibiotics, hormones or steroids
- High in protein, lower in fat and calories than beef
- Sold in an uncooked state
- Product of New Zealand
- For best taste on fresh products, use or freeze within 3-5 days of receipt; for frozen products, use within 1-2 days after thawing
Cooking & Serving
Naturally low in calories and fat, yet packed with nutrients like iron, zinc and B vitamins, Cervena venison is a high-quality protein and one of the healthiest red meats available today. According to the USDA National Nutrient Database, venison has about 20% less fat and about 100 fewer calories per 3.5 ounce serving than beef. It's the ideal meat to include as part of a healthy and balanced diet.
The boneless loin requires a little trimming and removal of silver skin. Keep in mind when cooking this lean meat that it cooks faster than beef or other red meats with fat in them. No fat means no protection from the heat. It also means that venison is best when rare or medium rare.