Veal Milanese Chops
Imported, French, milk-fed veal - exclusively available in the U.S. at D'Artagnan. Arguably the most humanely-raised and best-tasting veal available in the market, our veal comes from a cooperative of small-scale veal farms in Southwest France that raise Charolais and Limousin breeds of cattle (known for meat, not dairy) and follow the stringent European Union 5 Freedoms system to provide the best environment for the calves, which are never caged or penned and are antibiotic- and hormone-free.
Just the facts
- Exclusively available at D’Artagnan
- Humanely raised in a stress-free environment
- Never caged or penned
- 5 Freedoms compliant, a strict EU standard
- Male Charolais and Limousin breeds
- Raised to 6 months, a maximum of 450 pounds
- Milk-fed; 14 days on mother’s milk, then a high-quality natural milk formula
- No antibiotics or hormones
- Never irradiated or injected with any substance
- Sold in an uncooked state
- Product of France
- For best taste on fresh products, use or freeze within 3-5 days of receipt; for frozen products, use within 1-2 days after thawing
Milk-fed and humanely-raised: veal as it was meant to be. We are proud of the high quality and superb flavor of our veal, and these Milanese chops are the perfect way for you to experience it yourself.
Creamy pink in color, velvety smooth in texture, there's nothing like veal. We like this Milanese chop for an inspired weeknight meal.
It's just so easy to sear them off in a pan. While the meat rests, swirl a knob of truffle butter in the pan juices and whip up a sauce. Or pound it out. Remove the bone and whack it a bit. In French it would be called paillard. It'll be tender beyond tender.
The Milanese cut comes from each end of the of the rib rack, so they tend to vary in size. But they are equally tasty.