Veal Chops, Frenched
Frozen / 1 Chop (14 oz avg)
This product is currently unavailable.
Imported, French, milk-fed veal - exclusively available in the U.S. at D'Artagnan. Arguably the most humanely-raised and best-tasting veal available in the market, our veal comes from a cooperative of small-scale veal farms in Southwest France that raise Charolais and Limousin breeds of cattle (known for meat, not dairy) and follow the stringent European Union 5 Freedoms system to provide the best environment for the calves, which are never caged or penned and are antibiotic- and hormone-free.
Just the facts
- Exclusively available at D’Artagnan
- Humanely raised in a stress-free environment
- Never caged or penned
- 5 Freedoms compliant, a strict EU standard
- Male Charolais and Limousin breeds
- Raised to 6 months, a maximum of 450 pounds
- Milk-fed; 14 days on mother’s milk, then a high-quality natural milk formula
- No antibiotics or hormones
- Never irradiated or injected with any substance
- Sold in an uncooked state
- Product of France
- For best taste on fresh products, use or freeze within 3-5 days of receipt; for frozen products, use within 1-2 days after thawing
These exceptionally tender, milk-fed veal chops are a cinch to prepare and make an elegant presentation on the plate.
How many ways can you enjoy these sizeable veal chops with pale pink, delicate meat?
We've got some ideas for you: slit open and cram with prosciutto, cheese and whatever herbs you like. Or pound the chop with a mallet for schnitzel (break with tradition and leave the bone).
Sear in a hot pan and finish with a mustard and cream sauce, for a simple one-pan recipe. If you have chanterelle mushrooms, use them. Their fragrant and fruity flavor is ideal for veal.
Serve these juicy, flavorful veal chops for special occasions when you want to impress your guests.
Why limit yourself though? Veal chops make a quick and simple meal when you just want to treat yourself to something really delicious.