Uncured Applewood Smoked Slab Bacon
Black Friday Sale
40% OFF Select Products
Offer Ends 11:59pm EST, November 25th
Slab bacon from heritage-breed pigs raised on pasture. Smoked over real applewood, without use of nitrates or nitrites, this is bacon at its best, with a sweet, smoky flavor.
Just the facts
- Heritage-breed hogs raised humanely on small farms
- No antibiotics, no growth hormones
- No animal by-products
- Air-chilled pork (retains less water weight)
- No preservatives, nitrates or nitrites added
- Naturally smoked over applewood chips
- Gluten free
- Product of USA
- For best taste, use within 3-5 days of receipt and/or by the expiration date on the package
Slab bacon is whole, smoked pork belly before it gets sliced into those familiar bacon strips.
With slab bacon, you can slice it how you like it – thick, ultra-thin, or somewhere in between. Think of it as bespoke bacon.
That freedom allows you to get creative in the kitchen. Cut bacon into lardons – a French term for matchstick strips - and use them on frisée salad, tarte flambée, in carbonara, or for soups of all kinds.
In fact, you can begin soups and braises by rendering a slice of slab bacon (think coq au vin, beef bourguignon), which will impart smoky flavor and just enough bacon fat to get things going. And baked beans are just crying out for chunks of slab bacon.
The best part is that slab bacon freezes beautifully, so just portion it out in vacuum-sealed bags and draw on your bacon stores for months to come. You will never be caught without bacon again.