Uncured Applewood Smoked Bacon
Our applewood smoked bacon is made from heritage-breed pork, raised humanely on small family farms, with no antibiotics or added growth hormones.* Because our bacon is made the old fashioned way –naturally smoked over applewood chips, with no artificial nitrates, nitrites or preservatives - it’s called “uncured.” But this full-flavored bacon may well be the cure for all your bacon cravings.
- Heritage-breed hogs raised humanely on small farms
- No antibiotics, no growth hormones*
- No animal by-products
- Air-chilled pork (retains less water weight)
- No artificial preservatives, nitrates or nitrites added
- Rubbed with salt and sugar
- Naturally smoked over applewood chips
- Gluten free
- Product of USA
- For best taste, use within 3-5 days of receipt and/or by the expiration date on the package
*USDA regulations prohibit the use of hormones in pork
Cooking & Serving
Cooking Methods: Pan-Fry, Griddle, Bake, Grill
Cooking Tips: Whether you cook our applewood smoked bacon on a sheet tray in the oven, on a griddle, or pan-fried in cast-iron, it’s the perfect addition to breakfast or brunch. We also like to wrap it around filet mignon before cooking, make lardons for salad or pasta, and bard lean game birds before roasting. Slice the bacon width-wise and sauté as a base for braises, stews, and vegetable sides. The rendered bacon fat is excellent for cooking potatoes or rubbing over chicken or poussin before roasting. We love this bacon so much we even use it in our baked goods - you can’t go wrong with bacon cheddar scones or maple-bacon sticky buns.