Tomato & Basil Butter for Steaks & Chops
- 4 fresh basil leaves
- 1 stick (8 Tbs) unsalted butter, softened
- 3 sundried tomatoes (in oil), finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon organic lemon zest
- Fine sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Stack the basil leaves and roll tightly lengthwise. Cut roll into very thin strips then cut strips so basil is very finely chopped.
- In a small bowl, combine softened butter, basil, tomatoes, and lemon zest. Season with salt to taste and a few turns of pepper. Mix until evenly combined. Place butter in plastic wrap and roll into a log shape. Chill.
Recipe note: Compound butter will keep fresh for about 2 weeks in the refrigerator and 1 year in the freezer.