Terrine of Duck Foie Gras
- This item is not eligible to be shipped to California
- 100% foie gras from Moulard ducks
- No antibiotics, no hormones
- No additives or preservatives
- Corn and soy diet
- Ships ready to serve and enjoy
- Terrine container is BPA free
- 8 oz. is our signature oval terrine
- 1.5 lb. is a rectangular terrine
- Product of the USA
- For best taste, use within 3-5 days of receipt and/or by the expiration date on the package
- Subscription Eligible
Serving Tips: For the cleanest slice, dip a sharp knife into hot water then wipe dry in between each cut. Our ready-to-eat foie gras is surprisingly versatile. Serve it simply with toasted brioche and a sprinkling of flake salt, on a hunk of baguette with fig jam, or on a slice of crisp apple. Use a small piece to enrich a pan-sauce or top a hot steak with a generous slice for an indulgent treat. Sauternes, tawny Port, or a late harvest wine like Jurançon make excellent pairings.
Our foie gras is produced from Moulard ducks raised in New York State at the first farm of its type in the U.S.
The ducks live in deeply bedded barns with constant access to drinking water. They have room to stretch, open their wings, and group together as flock animals do by nature.
Throughout their lives, they eat a whole-grain diet of corn and soy, and no hormones or antibiotics are ever used. Then, during the 3-week gavage period, the ducks live in an open pen holding fewer than a dozen birds and are fed by the same person every day.
Our farm manages all stages of production for superb quality control; they are recognized worldwide as a premier producer of foie gras and Moulard duck products – from beak to tail feather.