Squash Bisque with Smoked Duck
D'Artagnan | Yield: 4-6
This autumnal soup is an aromatic mix of carrots, celery, butternut squash and sweet potato. Tasty on its own, but when crowned with smoked duck breast and pumpkin seed oil, it's totally sublime.
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and diced
- 1 Spanish onion, peeled and diced
- ½ stalk of celery
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 quart of chicken broth
- 4 ounces of heavy cream
- 1 smoked magret duck breast
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Honey, to taste
- Toasted pumpkin seed oil, to garnish
- Place sweet potatoes, squash, onion, celery, carrots and chicken broth in a large pot over high flame. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a low simmer. Simmer for 20 minutes, or until all of the veggies are tender.
- Blend until smooth with immersion blender. Stir in cream and a squirt of honey. Taste for seasoning and add salt & pepper, if needed.
- Ladle into soup bowls. Top with sliced duck breast and a generous drizzle of pumpkin seed oil. Serve immediately.