Squash Bisque with Smoked Duck
D'Artagnan | Yield: 4-6
This easy soup recipe is an aromatic mix of carrots, celery, butternut squash and sweet potato, topped with smoked duck breast and pumpkin seed oil.
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and diced
- 1 Spanish onion, peeled and diced
- ½ stalk of celery
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 quart of chicken broth
- 4 ounces of heavy cream
- 1 smoked magret duck breast
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Honey, to taste
- Toasted pumpkin seed oil, to garnish
- Place sweet potatoes, squash, onion, celery, carrots and chicken broth in a large pot over high flame. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a low simmer. Simmer for 20 minutes, or until all of the veggies are tender.
- Blend until smooth with immersion blender. Stir in cream and a squirt of honey. Taste for seasoning and add salt & pepper, if needed.
- Ladle into soup bowls. Top with sliced duck breast and a generous drizzle of pumpkin seed oil. Serve immediately.