Squab offers red, tender and lean meat with a unique taste, which makes it a popular choice on game menus. It definitely does not taste like chicken.
Just the facts
- All-natural, farm-raised, domestic squab
- No antibiotics, no hormones
- High-protein grain diet includes soy, sorghum, corn
- Single serving, sold individually
- Sold in an uncooked state
- Product of USA
- For best taste on fresh products, use or freeze within 3-5 days of receipt; for frozen products, use within 1-2 days after thawing
With red, tender meat and a plump breast, this is a bird that has been eaten forever, as far as we can tell. Around the world, across cultures and history, the squab has appeared on the best tables, from castles to farmhouses. Why not on yours?
Squab meat is richly flavored, silky in texture, and though lean, is known for its singular ability to retain moisture during cooking, in part because the fat in the skin renders out during cooking.
It is perfect for classic French recipes but adaptable to many cuisines. Just remember, squab is at its best when served rare to medium rare.