Squab, Whole, Semi-Boneless
Switch up your game with squab. These little fowl offer an alternative to traditional poultry, and are the perfect introduction to game meat.
Just the facts
- All-natural, farm-raised, domestic squab
- No antibiotics, no hormones
- High-protein grain diet includes soy, sorghum, corn
- Single serving, sold individually
- Sold in an uncooked state
- Product of USA
- For best taste on fresh products, use or freeze within 3-5 days of receipt; for frozen products, use within 1-2 days after thawing
Around the world, across cultures and history, squab has appeared on the best tables, from castles to farmhouses. Why not on yours?
With red, tender meat and a plump breast, this is a bird that has been eaten forever, as far as we can tell. The meat of a young squab is tenderer, and thus more versatile for cooking, than that of an adult pigeon, considered suitable only for braising or baking in a pie.
We like these semi-boneless birds, with wings & drumsticks left intact, because they are so easy to stuff and serve as individual portions.
Richly flavored, silky in texture, and lean; squab is known for its singular ability to retain moisture during cooking. While we think it’s eminently adaptable to many recipes, one thing remains true: squab is best enjoyed when cooked rare to medium rare.