Squab, Whole, Semi-Boneless
Squab, or young pigeon, raised with no antibiotics or hormones, in open barns and humane, stress-free conditions. Our cooperative of farms specializes in the complex methods of raising squab, giving them a high-protein diet of grains. Squab offers red, tender and lean meat with a unique taste, which makes it a popular choice on game menus.
- All-natural, farm-raised, domestic squab
- No antibiotics, no hormones
- High-protein grain diet includes soy, sorghum, corn
- Single serving, sold individually
- Sold in an uncooked state
- Product of USA
- For best taste on fresh products, use or freeze within 3-5 days of receipt; for frozen products, use within 1-2 days after thawing
Cooking & Serving
Cooking Methods: Roast, Pan-Roast, Pan-Sear, Grill
Cooking Tips: Squab is versatile and will take all types of seasoning and marinades well. After seasoning, whole squab are easy to stuff and pair wonderfully with bread, grain, or sausage stuffing. Stuffed birds need to be cooked slightly longer than unstuffed. Be careful not to overcook; squab is best enjoyed medium-rare. If using a dry heat method, like roasting, pan-roasting, or grilling, cook quickly until meat is slightly firm to the touch and juices run clear. Basting or brushing with fat will help keep the squab moist.