Squab, Whole, NY Dressed
Frozen / 18-20 oz avg
Squab, or young pigeon, raised with no antibiotics or hormones, in open barns and humane, stress-free conditions. Our cooperative of farms specializes in the complex methods of raising squab, giving them a high-protein diet of grains. Squab offers red, tender and lean meat with a unique taste, which makes it a popular choice on game menus.
Just the facts
- All-natural, farm-raised, domestic squab
- No antibiotics, no hormones
- High-protein grain diet includes soy, sorghum, corn
- Head and feet still attached for classic presentation
- Non-eviscerated (internal organs intact)
- Single serving, sold individually
- Sold in an uncooked state
- Product of USA
- For best taste on fresh products, use or freeze within 3-5 days of receipt; for frozen products, use within 1-2 days after thawing
Cooking & Serving
Cooking Methods: Roast, Pan-Roast, Pan-Sear, Grill
Cooking Tips: Squab is versatile and will take all types of seasoning and marinades well. Be careful not to overcook; squab is best enjoyed medium-rare. If using a dry heat method, like roasting, pan-roasting, or grilling, cook quickly until meat is slightly firm to the touch and juices run clear. Basting or brushing with fat will help keep the squab moist. A New York-dressed squab has the internal organs intact and the head and feet still attached, for classic presentation. This requires the cook to clean each squab properly, and prepare with care.