Sliced Jambon de Bayonne, French Prosciutto
Sliced / 1 Pack (3.5 oz)
This product is currently unavailable.
Taste the terroir in this gastronomic jewel of Southwest France. To earn the label “Jambon de Bayonne, PGI,” an ancient process must be followed, and every aspect of the production artfully and carefully controlled. Only local pork from PGI-certified pigs and the mineral-rich salt of Salies-de-Bearn may be used, resulting in meltingly tender ham with deep, nuanced flavors, and a rich red color. Cured naturally where the warm wind of the Pyrenees Mountains meets the humid air from the ocean, these hams develop their distinctive characteristics over a minimum of 12 months. Enjoy the unique taste of Jambon de Bayonne on a charcuterie board or as an ingredient in your favorite dishes.
- Hand crafted ham with Protected Geographical Indication (PGI)
- Pork from PGI-certified pigs
- Naturally cured with only Salies-de-Bearn salt
- Regulations enforced by the Consortium du Jambon de France
- No nitrates or nitrites
- Dry aged for a minimum of 12 months
- Unique climate contributes to extraordinary ham
- Sold ready-to-eat; no additional preparation required
- Imported from France
- For best taste, use within 3-5 days from opening and/or by the expiration date on the package
Cooking & Serving
Serving Tips: Our Jambon de Bayonne is one of our most versatile products. Besides being an excellent addition to any charcuterie board or cheese plate, the thinly sliced ham works in any recipe that calls for prosciutto. Somewhat sweeter than its Italian cousin, our Jambon de Bayonne is an excellent item to keep handy in the kitchen. It makes a wonderful sandwich filling, pizza topping, or snack. You can wind it around summer melon or winter figs for an easy canape. Or use it as a flavorful wrap for white fish, veal chops, or chicken breasts. Jambon de Bayonne can also be crisped in a lightly oiled pan and crumbled over salads, potato dishes, or soups. Just note, the hams saltiness is concentrated when it’s cooked.