Semi-Boneless European Quail
- Coturnix breed
- No antibiotics or hormones from birth
- Fed minimally processed non-GMO cereal grain
- Air-chilled for full, concentrated flavor
- Silky smooth and dry skin that cooks up crispy
- 4 whole semi-boneless quail per package
- Ships in an uncooked state and frozen
- Product of Europe
- For best taste on fresh products, use or freeze within 3-5 days of receipt; for frozen products, use within 1-2 days after thawing
- Subscription Eligible
Cooking Methods: Roast, Pan-Roast, Braise, Grill
Cooking Tips: Quail is versatile and will take all types of seasoning and marinades well. After seasoning, quail are easy to stuff and pair wonderfully with bread, grain, or sausage stuffing. Stuffed birds need to be cooked slightly longer than unstuffed. Be careful not to overcook. If using a dry heat method, like roasting, pan-roasting, or grilling, cook quickly until meat is slightly firm to the touch and juices run clear. Basting or brushing with fat will help keep the quail moist.
Small farms in Europe raise our Coturnix breed quail without the use of hormones or antibiotics from birth. The diet is minimally processed non-GMO cereal grain, and the birds are humanely processed and air-chilled for maximum flavor concentration.