Organic Bone-In Chicken Thighs (Air-Chilled)
Frozen / 4 Packs (1.3 lb avg each)
This product is currently unavailable.
The thighs have it. Our air-chilled, organic chicken thighs pack lots of flavor and no retained water, which is what makes them a favorite for dinner any night of the week.
Just the facts
- USDA-certified free-range organic chicken
- 100% non-GMO, organic feed
- No antibiotics or hormones
- No animal by-products
- No arsenicals
- Raised to 8 weeks
- Air-chilled for no retained water
- Farm-to-table audit trail
- Sold in an uncooked state
- Sold by weight, thighs vary in size
- Average 3 - 4 thighs in each pack
- Bone in, skin on
- Product of USA
- For best taste on fresh products, use or freeze within 3-5 days of receipt; for frozen products, use within 1-2 days after thawing
Long overlooked in favor of slightly leaner and much paler parts of the chicken, thighs are making a comeback.
Why? As the dark meatists will tell you, they prefer thighs because they pack more flavor and moisture and are generally more interesting than the white meat. And they are more versatile; well-suited to roasting, braising, frying, grilling and pan-searing.
They may have a point. Our organic, free-range chicken thighs are richly flavored, succulent and have the all-important skin. Because they are air-chilled there is no excess water in the meat, only natural chickeny taste.
Cook these thighs simply: with salt and pepper and a little duck fat in a hot cast iron pan. Sear that skin well and then finish in the oven. Maybe you too will join the dark side … of meat preferences.