Moulard Magret Duck Breast
Moulard duck raised cage-free, in open barns, on a vegetarian grain diet, with no added antibiotics or growth hormones. Our small farm follows traditional methods, with an emphasis on a stress-free environment and plenty of space to allow natural flocking behavior. This hybrid breed, known for its rich red meat, gives us the hearty magret - or duck breast - and the ample legs that become delicious duck confit.
- Hybrid breed of Muscovy and Pekin ducks
- Pure vegetarian diet includes corn and/or soy
- No antibiotics, no hormones
- Aged seven days on the bone to intensify flavor
- Package contains one half magret duck breast
- Serves 2 as main course
- Sold in an uncooked state
- Product of New York and Canada
- For best taste on fresh products, use or freeze within 3-5 days of receipt; for frozen products, use within 1-2 days after thawing
Cooking Methods: Pan-Sear, Pan-Roast, Sous Vide, Grill, Cure
Cooking Tips: Magret duck breast is best served medium-rare. Whether pan-searing, roasting, or grilling, score the fat layer before cooking to render and crisp. After resting, slice the magret against the grain in 1/4-inch slices before dressing with your favorite sauce.
We work with New York State and Canadian duck farms to provide us with Moulard duck.
Our Moulard ducks are raised in open-air barns, on a bedding of wood shavings with plenty of space and sunlight, and environment that allows natural flocking behavior. The ducks eat a vegetarian diet of corn, soy and fresh, clean water.
The duck farms do their own hand processing in certified and inspected plants and use air-chilling to ensure the best flavor and the least amount of water retention.