Leg of Lamb, Bone-In (Salt Meadow Lamb)
This product is currently unavailable.
Salt Meadow™ Lamb is exclusively available at D’Artagnan. The young lambs are raised humanely in a stress-free environment, without antibiotics or added hormones on a small farm in Canada. The exceptionally tender and mild lamb is rosy in color and exquisitely flavored. Its delicate texture comes from a unique diet that includes seaweed, based on a traditional method from the coastal regions of Normandy in France.This tender leg of lamb is perfect at the center of any festive gathering.
Just the facts
- Exquisitely tender lamb
- Unique hybrid breed: Île de France and Arcott Rideau
- No antibiotics or hormones from birth
- Humanely-raised and third-party certified
- Unique diet includes grass, grain and seaweed
- Raised to 6 months
- Dry-aged for at least 7 days
- Ships in an uncooked state
- Product of Canada
- For best taste on fresh products, use or freeze within 3-5 days of receipt; for frozen products, use within 1-2 days after thawing
Cooking & Serving
Cooking Methods: Roast, Reverse Sear, Braise, Barbecue, Smoke
Cooking Tips: Our Salt Meadow leg of lamb makes an outstanding special occasion roast. For neat presentation, easily french the top of the bone and tie the leg into a compact shape with butcher's twine before roasting. Lightly score the fat and if desired, make small slits in the flesh of the leg and stuff with garlic cloves or rub with a paste of herbs or compound butter for seasoning. Always allow lamb roasts to rest for 10-15 minutes before carving against the grain and serving.