Leg of Lamb, Bone-In (Salt Meadow Lamb)
Frozen / 1 Leg (7.5 lb avg)
Salt Meadow™ Lamb is exclusively available at D’Artagnan. The young lambs are raised humanely in a stress-free environment, without antibiotics or added hormones on a small farm in Canada. The exceptionally tender and mild lamb is rosy in color and exquisitely flavored. Its delicate texture comes from a unique diet that includes seaweed, based on a traditional method from the coastal regions of Normandy in France.This tender leg of lamb is perfect at the center of any festive gathering.
Just the facts
- Exquisitely tender lamb
- Unique hybrid breed: Île de France and Arcott Rideau
- No antibiotics or hormones from birth
- Humanely-raised and third-party certified
- Unique diet includes grass, grain and seaweed
- Raised to 6 months
- Dry-aged for at least 7 days
- Ships in an uncooked state
- Product of Canada
- For best taste on fresh products, use or freeze within 3-5 days of receipt; for frozen products, use within 1-2 days after thawing
Cooking & Serving
Try the reverse sear method when cooking Salt Meadow leg of lamb. You can’t go wrong with this technique. Roast it low and slow: 200 degrees for about 3 hours, to reach 125 degrees internally. Then let it rest for an hour with a thermometer in the meat.
Crank the oven to 500 and roast for 25 minutes or so – watch so it doesn’t burn while crisping the skin. Let it rest 5 or 10 minutes then serve – at the perfect medium rare.