Lamb Loin, Bone-In (Salt Meadow Lamb)
This product is currently unavailable.
Exclusive to D’Artagnan. Salt Meadow™ Lamb is exceptionally tender, rosy in color and exquisitely flavored, never given antibiotics or hormones, and raised humanely. The unique diet, inspired by traditions from coastal Normandy, includes seaweed which contributes to the remarkable taste and texture. With a little butchering, this lamb loin yields a rack, a boneless loin, a tenderloin, and a bit of belly.
Just the facts
- Exquisitely tender lamb
- Unique hybrid breed: Île de France and Arcott Rideau
- No antibiotics or hormones from birth
- Humanely-raised and third-party certified
- Unique diet includes grass, grain and seaweed
- Raised to 6 months
- Dry-aged for at least 7 days
- Ships in an uncooked state
- Product of Canada
- For best taste on fresh products, use or freeze within 3-5 days of receipt; for frozen products, use within 1-2 days after thawing
Cooking & Serving
Cooking Methods: Roast, Grill, Sear, Sauté
Cooking Tips: Salt Meadow lamb has a lovely flavor that needs little more than salt and pepper but is also delicious with fresh herbs or a simple compound butter. Our Salt Meadow lamb loin is easily broken down into smaller parts - one loin will yield a rack, tenderloin, boneless loin, and a small piece of belly.