Lamb Belly, Bone-In (Salt Meadow Lamb)
Frozen / 1 Piece (3 lb avg)
Salt Meadow™ Lamb is exclusively available at D’Artagnan. The young lambs are raised humanely in a stress-free environment, without antibiotics or added hormones on a small farm in Canada. The exceptionally tender and mild lamb is rosy in color and exquisitely flavored. Its delicate texture comes from a unique diet that includes seaweed, based on a traditional method from the coastal regions of Normandy in France. This cut includes ribs and a slab of belly attached, which both braise beautifully.
Just the facts
- Exquisitely tender lamb
- Unique hybrid breed: Île de France and Arcott Rideau
- No antibiotics or hormones from birth
- Humanely-raised and third-party certified
- Unique diet includes grass, grain and seaweed
- Raised to 6 months
- Dry-aged for at least 7 days
- Ships in an uncooked state
- Product of Canada
- For best taste on fresh products, use or freeze within 3-5 days of receipt; for frozen products, use within 1-2 days after thawing
Cooking & Serving
Treat the ribs section like spare ribs, and either separate it from the tapered boneless end and prepare alone or braise them together. Either way, the layer of belly that remains attached to the ribs will add a meatiness and great mouthfeel. Both ends of this cut need to be braised whether apart or connected, in order to achieve the best flavor and texture.