Inside Sales & Customer Service Representative (Union, NJ)
Position Summary - Full Time (40 hours per week)
D’Artagnan is hiring a full-time inside sales and customer service representative to work cooperatively with outside sales and other members of the distribution team. In this position you will service and grow existing customers, respond to new customers’ phone requests and address customer issues in a timely, proactive manner, while ensuring overall customer satisfaction. This role is a key developmental position for outside sales and other opportunities within our growing company.
D’Artagnan, the nation’s premier specialty food distributor is growing rapidly. Our philosophy is simple. Before such buzz words existed, we were committed to free-range, natural production and sustainable, humane farming practices. We partner only with small farms and ranches that have strict standards, never use antibiotics or hormones, and sign affidavits to that effect. We support these methods so that we can offer you the best-tasting, conscientiously-raised meat possible.
- We are passionate about quality from the farm to your fork, which is why our products hold pride of place in professional and home kitchens alike.
- For our smoked, cured and cooked items, we rely on natural ingredients and traditional recipes and techniques to provide the best flavor and health benefits.
- We are dedicated to quality in all we do, from our careful sourcing in the field to our kitchen production, to provide you the very best products money can buy.
- We are on a mission to educate consumers about the importance of understanding and appreciating how food is raised and harvested.
Characteristics We Strive For
- Good work ethic; reliable and dependable
- Ability and willingness to learn new tasks quickly; retain and apply new knowledge
- Able to work independently and as a team member
General Job Duties
- Assist sales representatives in their daily outbound calls and in building customer relations
- Receive and enter customer orders into the system
- Setup and maintain customer files in order management system
- Assist in the coordination of emergency deliveries
- Issue customer credits
- Interact with customers to resolve issues and concerns
- Notify customers of product availability and policy changes
- Notify Purchasing Department of special or unusual orders
- Recommend alternate products based on cost, availability or specifications
- Provide accurate information regarding availability of in-stock items
- Proactively cross-sell, up-sell, and offer customers promotional sale items
- Monitor scheduled shipment dates to ensure timely delivery
- Provide daily reports for sales representatives
- Take on other special projects assigned by the Customer Service Manager
Desired Experience and Skills
- Culinary experience
- Some college preferred
- Customer service or sales experience
Skill Set Requirements
- High School diploma required
- Basic level computer data entry skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Organized and thorough in record maintenance
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Ability to deal with customers directly
If you are interested in the position listed above, please e-mail us your resume and salary requirements to email@example.comReturn To Careers Page
D’Artagnan provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, D’Artagnan complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
D’Artagnan expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of D’Artagnan’s employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.