Grilled Honey-Balsamic Chicken Drumsticks
D'Artagnan | Yield: serves 4-6
This grilled chicken drumstick recipe has just the right balance of sweet honey and tart balsamic flavors. Marinate the night before for a quick and easy meal.
- 10-12 Organic Air-Chilled Chicken Drumsticks
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- Sesame seeds, to garnish (optional)
- Flat leaf parsley, chopped, to garnish (optional)
- In a non-reactive dish large enough to fit all of the chicken drumsticks, whisk together vinegar, honey, soy sauce, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Remove about 4 tablespoons of the marinade and reserve in a separate small container, covered in the refrigerator. Add the chicken to the large container, turning to coat evenly. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours, up to overnight. Turn the chicken a few times during the marinating process.
- When ready to cook, preheat a grill to medium. Remove the chicken from the marinade, letting the excess drip off. Discard marinade. Grill until chicken is just cooked through, turning often to avoid over-charring. Toward the end of cooking, brush drumsticks with reserved “clean” marinade, creating a glaze. When done, the thickest part of the drumstick should register 160 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer. Remove to a platter to rest. Garnish with sesame seeds and chopped parsley.