Heritage Turkey (Narragansett, Bourbon Red)
Our heritage breed turkeys come from authentic Narragansett and Bourbon Red breeds – not hybrids. These turkeys are free-range and humanely raised on small farms, fed a wholesome diet of non-GMO corn and soy, free from antibiotics, growth hormones or animal by-products and are air-chilled and hand-processed to ensure you receive the highest quality and best-tasting heritage turkey possible. Known for their heavy breasts and dark, richly-flavored meat, our heritage turkeys are seasonal favorites for Thanksgiving and the holidays.
*Servings based on 1.5 pounds per person.
Just the facts
- 100% natural, farm-raised heritage turkey
- Slow-growing Narragansett and Bourbon Red breeds
- Grain feed of non-GMO corn and soy
- No antibiotics or hormones
- Free-range; turkeys forage outdoors and have the ability to fly
- Air chilled for best flavor and no retained water
- Hand processed
- Ships in an uncooked state
- Product of USA
- Note: There may be small pinfeathers in the flesh, which are easily removed with needle nose pliers, tweezers, or your fingers
Cooking & Serving
For basic cooking instructions, Download our Turkey Cooking Guide.
Ordering your Thanksgiving turkey: We highly recommend you plan ahead and pre-order your holiday bird as early as possible, as we often sell out.
Cooking your D'Artagnan turkey: Keep in mind that depending on several factors, including: size of bird, oven calibration, type of cookware used, recipe variations, and method of cooking, time and temperature will vary. We recommend use of a meat thermometer, instant-read or digital, when gauging doneness. Click here for Turkey Roasting Basics.
How to order the right size turkey: We recommend that you estimate 1-1.25 pounds per person to determine the size of turkey you will need. (For example, an 8-10 pound turkey will yield 6-8 servings). If you would like to have leftovers, then plan on at least 1.5 pounds per person.