Heritage Green Circle Chicken Leg Quarters
This item is currently not available
- Certified humane by Humane Farm Animal Care
- Recognized by ASPCA and included in their “Shop With Your Heart” list for meaningful animal welfare standards
- Heritage Gallus brun breed chicken
- Raised free-range
- Surplus vegetable and wholesome grain feed, including corn and soy
- No antibiotics or hormones
- No animal by-products
- Raised to 85 days – twice the time of average chicken
- Air-chilled for no retained water & maximum flavor
- Farm-to-table audit trail
- Sold in an uncooked state
- Convenient 1lb packs - 4 per order
- You may find a few dark pinfeathers
- Product of USA
- For best taste on fresh products, use or freeze within 3-5 days of receipt; for frozen products, use within 1-2 days after thawing
Our exclusive heritage-breed Green Circle chicken is raised by a network of small Amish and Mennonite family farms in Pennsylvania and certified by Humane Farm Animal Care.
The chickens eat a diet which includes clean surplus vegetables from markets - bruised, cut or otherwise unattractive vegetables - along with cuttings and peelings from restaurant kitchens and grains like corn and soy.
Green Circle chickens enjoy more than twice the barn space required to be considered free-range, they have access to the outdoors and the ability to forage naturally, and are raised to 85 days of age, as opposed to 42 days, which is standard for commercially-raised chicken.
Green Circle chickens are air-chilled and hand processed in a low-volume facility near the farms where they are raised.