- 1 pack Semi-Boneless Quail
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mixed herbs, we used tarragon, chives, thyme, and chervil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Pat quail dry with paper towels. In a large bowl, whisk together Dijon, lemon juice, lemon zest, and olive oil. Stir in herbs. Add quail, turning to coat in the mixture. Cover and set aside for about 15 minutes. (The quail can be marinated for up to 4 hours if desired, just cover and refrigerate until ready to cook. Bring birds out of the fridge about 20 minutes before grilling.)
- Preheat a lightly oiled grill to medium-high. Place the quail on the grill breast side down, a few inches apart. Grill for about 3 minutes then carefully turn over and continue to grill until birds are just cooked through, about 3-4 minutes more. Remove to a platter to rest for 5 minutes. Serve with lemon wedges, if desired.