Guinea Hen, Whole
Our guinea hen is humanely raised on a small farm in California, with no added antibiotics or growth stimulants, in cage-free conditions. Guinea hen has a flavor that’s approachable, easy to enjoy and almost like pheasant, but with darker and more mildly flavored meat. A favorite roasting bird in France, you can use guinea hen in place of chicken in virtually any recipe. Just take care not to overcook the lean, delicate meat.
- Farm raised; humanely and free range
- Heritage-breed birds derived from French lineage
- All-vegetarian diet of corn, soy, wheat, alfalfa
- No antibiotics, no hormones, ever
- Serves 2-4
- Sold in an uncooked state
- Product of USA
- For best taste on fresh products, use or freeze within 3-5 days of receipt; for frozen products, use within 1-2 days after thawing
Cooking & Serving
Cooking Methods: Roast, Braise, Poach, Stew, Barbecue
Cooking Tips: Guinea hen can be cooked just like chicken, although it has a thinner, leaner skin. A rubdown with butter, duck fat, or a few strips of bacon will add flavor and keep the bird moist. Try adding shallots, citrus, garlic, and/or herbs to the cavity before roasting. Just like chicken, guinea hen should reach a finished temperature of 165 degrees F.