Guinea Hen Legs
Frozen / 10 Legs (8 oz avg each)
Guinea hen humanely raised on a small farm in California, with no added antibiotics or growth stimulants. Cage-free conditions and a wholesome grain diet contribute to the high quality and great flavor of these birds, which are air chilled for best flavor and texture. The guinea hen is somewhere between a pheasant and chicken; darker, leaner and slightly more delicious than either.
Just the facts
- Farm raised; humanely and free-range
- Heritage breed birds from France
- All-vegetarian diet of corn, soy, wheat, alfalfa
- No antibiotics, no hormones, ever
- Air-chilled for 24 hours
- 10 legs per package
- Sold in an uncooked state
- Product of USA
- For best taste on fresh products, use or freeze within 3-5 days of receipt; for frozen products, use within 1-2 days after thawing
Cooking & Serving
Cooking Methods: Roast, Braise, Confit, Sous Vide, Barbecue, Smoke
Cooking Tips: Guinea hen legs should be cooked slow and low for best results. Often braised, roasted, or a combination of the two, the legs can also be cooked confit or sous vide then finished on the grill. If roasting, guinea hen legs should reach a finished temperature of 165 degrees F.