Guinea Hen Legs
Frozen / 10 Legs (8 oz avg each)
Our guinea hen – also called guinea fowl - is humanely raised on a small farm in California in cage-free conditions. Their strict standards prohibit the use of antibiotics or growth stimulants and result in high-quality birds for your table. Guinea hen is an approachable game bird with a flavor almost like pheasant, but with darker and more mildly flavored meat. The legs can be braised, or cooked sous vide and finished on the grill.
- Farm-raised; humanely and free-range
- Heritage-breed birds derived from French lineage
- All-vegetarian diet of corn, soy, wheat, alfalfa
- No antibiotics, no hormones, ever
- 10 legs per package
- Sold in an uncooked state
- Product of USA
- For best taste on fresh products, use or freeze within 3-5 days of receipt; for frozen products, use within 1-2 days after thawing
Cooking & Serving
Cooking Methods: Roast, Braise, Confit, Sous Vide, Barbecue, Smoke
Cooking Tips: Guinea hen legs should be cooked slow and low for best results. Often braised, roasted, or a combination of the two, the legs can also be cooked confit or sous vide then finished on the grill. If roasting, guinea hen legs should reach a finished temperature of 165 degrees F.