Grilled Harissa-Honey Chicken Wings
D'Artagnan | Yield: serves 8 | Cook Time: 35 minutes
Sweet honey tempers spicy harissa and pungent garlic in this easy grilled chicken wing recipe. Serve with chilled yogurt dipping sauce and your favorite cold beer.
- 4 pounds Organic Air-Chilled Chicken Wings
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons neutral oil, such as grapeseed or light olive oil
- One 3-inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled
- 1¼ cup honey
- 4-5 tablespoons harissa, to taste
- 2½ tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro
FOR THE DIPPING SAUCE
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 cup full fat Greek yogurt
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- Salt & freshly black pepper, to taste
- Preheat grill to medium. Place wings in a large bowl. Drizzle with oil, season with salt and pepper. Cook the wings on the grill, turning occasionally, until the chicken is evenly browned and no longer pink, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the sauces. For the wing sauce: grate the ginger into a fine mesh strainer set over a bowl then gently press on the ginger to extract the juice. In a large, heat-proof bowl, whisk 1 1/2 teaspoons of the ginger juice with the honey, harissa, lime juice, and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- For the dipping sauce: in a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, lemon zest, and garlic. Stir in yogurt. Add paprika and season to taste with salt & pepper. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- When the wings are finished cooking, carefully transfer them to the wing sauce bowl. Toss to coat evenly. Serve immediately with the yogurt dipping sauce.