Green Circle Chicken, Heritage
Heritage Green Circle chicken is raised free-range on a diet of actual vegetables, and is certified-humane and air-chilled. These chickens come with heads and feet on, perfect for making chicken stock.
Just the facts
- Certified humane by Humane Animal Farm Care
- Heritage-breed chicken
- Raised free-range
- Surplus vegetable and wholesome grain feed, including corn and soy
- No antibiotics or hormones
- No animal by-products
- Air-chilled for no retained water & maximum flavor
- Farm-to-table audit trail
- Sold in an uncooked state
- Head and feet on
- You may find a few dark pinfeathers
- Case of 5, not individually wrapped
- Product of USA
- For best taste on fresh products, use or freeze within 3-5 days of receipt; for frozen products, use within 1-2 days after thawing
Our heritage-breed Green Circle Chicken was a chef exclusive, but we decided to let you in on the secret. These old-breed chickens are raised longer than the others in the Green Circle program, for a more intense flavor.
With head and feet left on, and giblets inside, this a chicken that keeps on giving. Save the bones, and use the heads and feet, to make a rich, gelatin-filled stock.
Featured on the front page of The New York Times and CNN, this unique chicken was inspired by the common sense, waste-nothing philosophy of days past, when chickens lived on vegetable scraps and roamed freely around farmyards and pastureland.
In that tradition, we raise our chickens on a diet of surplus vegetables and trimmings collected from commercial kitchens and farmers markets. By saving these vegetables from their fate in a landfill and turning them into nutritious chicken feed, we raise healthier birds and contribute to a better world.
Not only are they fed well, these chickens are certified humane, making them rare birds indeed. They are air-chilled during processing, which means you get nothing but pure chicken flavor, not retained water.
Our holistic approach produces truly wholesome results. And that’s why we call it a Green Circle chicken. No waste = great taste.