Green Circle Chicken, Heritage
Fall Sitewide Sale
15% OFF Orders $75+
Ends Sunday, October 27th. See details for restrictions.
Frozen / 2 Chickens (4-5 lb avg ea)
Green Circle™ chicken is available exclusively at D’Artagnan. This heritage-breed, free-range chicken is certified humane by Humane Farm Animal Care, raised without antibiotics or hormones, and fed actual vegetables collected from commercial kitchens and farmers markets, along with grains. The diet and the care that is taken on the farm give these birds a unique, old-fashioned, real chicken flavor. Our heritage Green Circle chicken is air-chilled, and comes with heads and feet on, perfect for making chicken stock.
- Certified humane by Humane Farm Animal Care
- Heritage-breed chicken
- Raised free-range
- Surplus vegetable and wholesome grain feed, including corn and soy
- No antibiotics or hormones
- No animal by-products
- Air-chilled for no retained water & maximum flavor
- Farm-to-table audit trail
- Sold in an uncooked state
- Head and feet on
- You may find a few dark pinfeathers
- 2 individually wrapped chickens
- Product of USA
- For best taste on fresh products, use or freeze within 3-5 days of receipt; for frozen products, use within 1-2 days after thawing
Cooking & Serving
Cooking Methods: Roast, Rotisserie, Slow-Cook, Barbecue, Smoke
Cooking Tips: Our Green Circle heritage chicken can be cooked whole, spatchcocked, or cut into parts. Butter or duck fat rubbed all over the outside helps crisp and brown the skin. If roasting whole, try stuffing the cavity with aromatics like lemon, onion, or herbs. Green Circle chicken is cooked when an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the breast and thigh registers 165 degrees F and juices run clear. Chicken heads and feet make an excellent addition to homemade chicken stock and will not only add a ton of flavor but also healthy gelatin and collagen.