Porcini-Rubbed Grilled Veal Chops
D'Artagnan | Yield: Serves 2
Our porcini powder makes an umami-rich rub for a variety of meats. Here we used beautifully frenched veal chops, but pork chops would be equally tasty.
- ⅛ cup olive oil
- ⅛ cup porcini powder
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch ground cayenne pepper
- Coarse salt
- 2 Frenched Veal Chops
- In a small bowl, stir together olive oil, porcini powder, mustard, garlic powder, black pepper, and cayenne pepper. Spread mixture evenly over each veal chop then place into a non-reactive dish, cover, and refrigerate for 2-4 hours.
- Remove chops from refrigerator about 30 minutes before cooking to allow them to come up to temperature.
- Preheat a lightly-oiled grill or cast-iron grill pan over high heat. Season both sides of each chop with salt. Lower heat to medium-high then grill for about 5-7 minutes on each side, or until an instant-read thermometer registers 145 degrees F (for medium-rare).
- Allow chops to rest tented with foil for at least 5 minutes before serving.