Duck Terrine Mousquetaire
1 Tub (9 oz)
This classic country-style terrine combines duck, all-natural pork, prunes and Armagnac in an authentic Gascon treat. Try the terrine sliced on a baguette, accented with cornichons or ripe figs for an indulgent snack.
Just the facts
- Pork and duck raised without antibiotics or hormones
- 100% natural, preservative-free and filler-free
- Exclusive D’Artagnan recipe
- Contains eggs, pork, alcohol
- Gluten free
- Terrine container is BPA free
- Product of USA
- For best taste, use within 3-5 days of receipt and/or by the expiration date on the package
In our recipe for duck terrine, we play with the classic flavors of Gascony--duck, prune and Armagnac--to produce a unique pâté that is the perfect balance of sweet and savory.
We call this pâté a terrine, which is simply the vessel in which it is traditionally cooked. But make no mistake; this is chunky country-style pâté at its best.
Its name also refers to the musketeers, who might have flung themselves down at a tavern table and enjoyed a pâté much like this one. Serve the terrine with ripe figs or grapes, sliced on a baguette, or in a decadent sandwich topped with leaf lettuce and red onions.
Keep one on hand with a box of crackers for an instant and elegant standby hors d’oeuvre. For the perfect pairing try Belgian-style ale, Beaujolais or Burgundy. Or Armagnac.