Duck Bacon-Wrapped Scallops
D'Artagnan | Yield: 8 as an appetizer | Cook Time: 10 minutes
Use the largest, freshest scallops you can find for this recipe. Serve 3 pieces as an appetizer.
- 2 dozen large sea scallops
- 1 package duck bacon
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Pat the scallops dry and wrap each one in a single slice of the duck bacon. Secure with a toothpick. Place the scallops in a shallow baking dish large enough to hold them in one layer without crowding. Pour in the soy sauce over the scallops and season with pepper. Evenly sprinkle a light layer of brown sugar over the top.
- Place in the oven and cook for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and turn each scallop over and return to the oven for an additional 3 minutes. Remove from the oven, carefully remove toothpicks and serve.