D'Artagnan Rohan Duck, Whole
Have you tried our exclusive Rohan duck yet? Raised just for us on a small farm, this duck offers tender rosy meat and thin skin which crisps up nicely when roasted.
Just the facts
- D’Artagnan exclusive
- Unique heritage crossbreed
- Raised to D'Artagnan's exacting standards
- Vegetarian diet includes corn and soy
- No antibiotics, no hormones - ever
- Cage free
- Air-chilled; no added water
- Sold in an uncooked state
- Sold in two sizes: 5-5½ lbs and 5½-6 lbs
- Neck attached and giblets included
- Product of USA
- For best taste on fresh products, use or freeze within 3-5 days of receipt; for frozen products, use within 1-2 days after thawing
NOTE: It is normal to find some pin feathers or feather shafts on whole ducks. They are easily removed with needle nose pliers, tweezers, or simply your fingers.
Inspired by the variety of duck breeds available in France, we developed a proprietary hybrid of several breeds including the Heritage Mallard and Pekin. We call it the Rohan™ duck, and it's raised exclusively for us.
With a unique taste reminiscent of a heritage-breed duck from France, the juicy, tender, rose-colored meat and mild taste make the Rohan™ adaptable to practically every duck recipe.
And because it is air-chilled, you get only meat and bone, not water retained during processing. This means that the skin crisps up nicely however it is prepared and the flavor is pure, unadulterated duck.
Did we mention that the Rohan duck is available for professional chefs and home cooks alike only at D’Artagnan?
Cooking & Serving
Cooking Methods: Roast, Poach, Smoke
Cooking Tips: Using a fork, prick the skin all over before roasting a whole duck to help the fat render. Add aromatics like shallots, citrus, garlic, and/or herbs to the cavity for flavor. Using a rack or vertical roaster in a shallow roasting pan will allow the skin to crisp nicely. Save the precious rendered fat for another use.