Chilean Sea Bass
This item is currently not available
Baja Fish Tacos
Learn more: Sustainable Fish is the Responsible Choice The Health Benefits of Eating Fish Fresh vs. Frozen Fish: Which is Best?
- Wild, line-caught
- Certified sustainable by the National Oceanic Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)
- Responsibly sourced
- Latin name: Dissotichus eligenoides
- No additives or preservatives
- Mild, buttery flavor
- (2) 8oz portions per pack, 2 packs total
- Individually Quick Frozen (IQF) to preserve peak freshness
- Product of Chile
- For best taste on frozen products, use within 1-2 days after thawing
All seafood purchases will be packaged and shipped separately (at no additional charge) from the rest of your D’Artagnan order.
Chilean sea bass is an excellent fish for sautéing, but avoid heavy sauces that compete with the full flavor of the fish. Because of its high oil content, Chilean sea bass also lends itself to smoking, poaching, and grilling. It can be fried, sautéed, baked, grilled, boiled or steamed.
Fried, Sautéed, Baked, Grilled, Boiled or Steamed
How to Properly Thaw Fish:
To protect the high-quality flavor and texture of your fish during thawing, you must remove the frozen fish from the vacuum-sealed packaging in which it is shipped. Details on best defrosting methods can be found here.
SAFE HANDLING INSTRUCTIONS:
Some food products may contain bacteria that could cause illness if the product is mishandled or cooked improperly. For your protection, follow these safe handling instructions.
- - Keep raw fish and seafood separate from other foods. Wash working surfaces (including cutting boards), utensils, and hands after touching raw fish or seafood.
- - Cook thoroughly to an internal temperature of 145°F.
- - Keep hot foods hot. Refrigerate leftovers immediately or discard.
- - Keep refrigerated or frozen.
- - Thaw in refrigerator or microwave.