’Artagnan Chicken Sausages are hand crafted in small batches using humanely-raised, free-range chicken that’s raised without antibiotics or hormones and carefully selected all-natural flavorings. Our chicken sausages are made without preservatives, nitrites or nitrates, animal by-products, or colorants. Lean chicken makes a healthful and delicious alternative to traditional pork sausage.
D’Artagnan chicken sausages come in five, ready to serve varieties. Chicken Truffle Sausage combines moist chicken with real black truffle for a luxurious, earthy flavor. Mediterranean Style Chicken Sausage is flavored with Kalamata olives, sun-dried tomatoes and herbs for full-flavored, versatile links. Chicken Southwest Sausage combines ancho, chipotle and jalapeño chile peppers with a touch of cilantro for medium-hot Santa Fe flavor. Chicken Wild Mushroom Sausage has a balanced mix of wild mushrooms, garlic and spices that lend a robust, earthy porcini flavor. Chicken Apple Sausage is lightly smoked and contains apples, spices and Calvados for sweet and mild sausage.
Storage & Use
All of our chicken sausages are sold fresh, fully cooked, and ready to heat and serve. Keep covered in the refrigerator until ready to use or freeze before the date printed on the package. When frozen in airtight packaging, they’ll keep in the freezer for several months. Although already fully cooked, we recommend heating through and crisping up before serving. Chicken sausages can be cooked in a variety of ways, such as pan-frying, broiling, grilling, or sautéing.
Just a Few Ideas for Cooking with D’Artagnan Chicken Sausage
- Soup to Warm the Soul… Chicken sausage lends rich character to hearty soups. Toward the end of cooking, add sausage chunks to creamy bean soups, rustic lentil or kale soups or robust chilis.
- Best of the Wurst… Try chicken sausages hot off the grill with your favorite condiments on sturdy hot dog buns or sliced lengthwise, pan-seared then slathered with mustard and sandwiched in a crusty baguette with salad greens. Delicious!
- In Starchy Sides… Chicken sausage gives bold flavor to potato, rice and grain dishes. Try diced chicken sausage in grain pilafs, risottos, hash, potato casseroles or croquettes.
- Pasta Perfect… Add flavor to pasta by tossing in a handful of sliced chicken sausage. Try Chicken Wild Mushroom Sausage coins with broccoli rabe, garlic, olive oil and orrechiette or sliced Chicken Truffle Sausage with fettuccine and creamy truffle-studded sauce.
- Get Stuffed… Chicken sausage adds flavor and texture to stuffing and dressing without a lot of added fat.
- Chicken and the Egg… Our chicken sausages are delicious for breakfast too. Tasty and satisfying when crisped on a griddle and served alongside eggs, in breakfast burritos, quiches, frittatas or omelets. Kids love our mild Chicken Apple Sausage and it pairs perfectly with pancakes and maple syrup.