Ultimate Wild Mushroom Buffalo Burger
D'Artagnan | Yield: 4
These umami-packed burgers are a mushroom lover's dream. Serve them with duck fat fries and your favorite condiments.
- 1 small Black Truffle Butter, softened
- 1 package Organic Chef's Mix Mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 4 burger buns of your choice
- 4 Buffalo Burgers
- Porcini Powder
- Fresh thyme
- Assorted toppings, such as cheese, bibb lettuce, or sliced tomato
- Assorted condiments, such as aioli, truffle mustard, onion relish
- In a large skillet over medium-high flame, heat about 3 tablespoons truffle butter. Add chopped mushrooms, season with salt and pepper. Sauté until golden brown and just cooked through. Set aside.
- Spread remaining truffle butter on buns; toast, grill or broil until golden. Lightly dress buns with your desired condiments, set aside onto serving plates.
- Remove buffalo burgers from refrigerator about 10 minutes before you plan on cooking them. Season both sides of patties with salt and pepper, to taste. Season both sides of each patty generously with porcini powder.
- Cook your patties to desired doneness (we recommend medium-rare), using a hot oiled grill or pre-heated, lightly greased cast iron pan. Allow patties to rest on cutting board for about 5 minutes.
- Place patties on prepared buns. Top with reserved mushroom mixture. Serve immediately.