Berkshire Pork Rib Roast (Rack of Pork)
Berkshire pork, also known as Kurobuta, from hogs raised on pasture with no antibiotics, added hormones or growth stimulants. Our cooperative of small family farms in the Midwest is dedicated to natural methods, creating the best environment for the pigs, and following strict protocols of humane animal husbandry. This Berkshire-breed pork is exceptionally tender, well-marbled, flavorful and a world apart from the average commodity pork.
Just the facts
- Exceptionally tender, well-marbled style of pork
- Heritage-breed Berkshire pigs raised on pasture
- No antibiotics or hormones* from birth
- No animal by-products in grain diet
- 10 rib rack, unfrenched
- Ships in an uncooked state
- Product of USA
- For best taste on fresh products, use or freeze within 3-5 days of receipt; for frozen products, use within 1-2 days after thawing
*USDA regulations prohibit the use of hormones in pork.
Let’s just say it: Berkshire pork is special. It looks different than the pork you know. The meat is darker red, and it’s deeply marbled, which is to say, it has a good amount of intramuscular fat.
What does this mean for you? An unforgettable meal with our Berkshire pork rib roast at the center. You can serve ten lucky carnivores with this rack. Or fewer, with more leftovers for you.
Leave the cap of fat on and it will render a bit as you cook the pork, and impart a sweet flavor.
Divide it into chops and sear or grill individually. Or brown the whole rack in a hot pan, and finish roasting it in the oven. Whichever way you cut it, this exceptional pork is going to become a family favorite.