Berkshire Pork Porterhouse Chops
Meet the porterhouse. This little-known cut is redefining the pork chop with its thickness, heft and full flavor. Try it and you'll see why.
Just the facts
- Exceptionally tender, well-marbled style of pork
- Heritage breed pigs raised on pasture
- No antibiotics or hormones* from birth
- No animal by-products in grain diet
- Each chop is 14 oz. on average
- 6 individually packaged pork chops
- Ships in an uncooked state
- Product of USA
- For best taste on fresh products, use or freeze within 3-5 days of receipt; for frozen products, use within 1-2 days after thawing
*USDA regulations prohibit the use of hormones in pork.
What the T-bone steak is to beef, the porterhouse chop is to pork. Chefs have known it for years, but the cut is not commonly available to the public.
We’re changing that by offering this thick and impressive piece of pork to the home cook.
What’s all the fuss about? Everyone knows that cooking meat on the bone adds flavor, and that the silky texture of tenderloin is especially satisfying. The porterhouse offers the best of the both worlds. Plus, each juicy, thick slab of gorgeous Berkshire pork weighs in at about 14 ounces.
This is pork at its finest, with extraordinary marbling and a distinctive, rich taste that is typical of the Berkshire breed.
Because these are hefty chops, you’ll want to sear them in a pan and finish in the oven. If you grill them, start over direct heat and then move the chops to the cooler part of the grill to finish.