Berkshire Pork Ham Steak
Fresh / 8 oz each
Berkshire pork, also known as Kurobuta pork, makes the best ham. Uncured, fully-cooked, and ready-to-eat, our ham is naturally smoked over applewood without nitrates, nitrites, phosphates, or artificial fillers, and is seasoned with sea salt and raw cane sugar. The Berkshire hogs are raised on pasture, with no antibiotics or hormones, by a cooperative of small farms dedicated to humane and sustainable methods.
Just the facts
- Exceptionally tender, well-marbled style of pork Berkshire-breed pigs raised on pasture
- No antibiotics or hormones* from birth
- Handcrafted ham, smoked over real applewood
- Uncured - no nitrates, nitrites or phosphates
- No artificial ingredients, colorings or preservatives
- Fully-cooked and ready-to-eat
- Product of USA
- For best taste on fresh products, use or freeze within 3-5 days of receipt; for frozen products, use within 1-2 days after thawing
*USDA regulations prohibit the use of hormones in pork
Cooking & Serving
Ham steaks are fully cooked and ready to eat. They can be diced and used in recipes, but the simplest method is to simply pan sear the ham steak in a hot pan, about 3-5 minutes on each side. Once it is browned and heated, set ham aside and add flour to the hot pan of drippings to make a pan sauce. Use wine, Bourbon, or the liquid of your choice. If you use coffee, you will get red-eye gravy, a popular and tasty sauce for a ham steak.