BBQ Pulled Wild Boar Sliders
D'Artagnan | Yield: makes about 16 sliders
Our flavorful slow cooked wild boar shoulder stands up to zesty barbecue sauce while a classic slaw adds crunch. Serve these on soft, sweet rolls such as Hawaiian bread or mini brioche.
- 1 recipe Slow Cooker Wild Boar Shoulder, meat only
- 3/4 cup quality mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- ½ small green cabbage, shredded
- ½ small purple cabbage shredded
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and shredded
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups bbq sauce of your choice
- 16 Hawaiian sweet rolls, or slider buns of your choice
- Make the slaw: in a large bowl, prepare the dressing by whisking together mayonnaise, sour cream, mustard, sugar, vinegar, and celery seed. Add both types of cabbage and carrot. Toss to coat evenly. Taste for seasoning, season with salt and pepper. Chill well.
- Using 2 large forks, shred the wild boar meat.
- In a large saucepan, heat barbecue sauce over medium high heat until bubbly. Mix in shredded wild boar, tossing to coat. Remove from heat.
- Serve on split rolls with a generous portion of the chilled slaw.