Angus Beef Filet Mignon
Perfect filet mignon steaks hand cut from natural Angus beef. The cattle are pasture-raised on a 100% vegetarian diet in humane conditions, without any antibiotics or hormones.
Just the facts
- 100% natural beef from Angus cattle
- No growth hormones, steroids or antibiotics
- Raised on pasture
- 100% vegetarian diet of barley, corn and hay
- Equivalent to Choice-Plus graded beef
- Wet aged a minimum of 21 days
- Ships in an uncooked state
- Product of USA
- For best taste on fresh products, use or freeze within 3-5 days of receipt; for frozen products, use within 1-2 days after thawing
Known as the special occasion steak, filet mignon is French for “dainty cut.” And that’s an apt description for this tender tip of the tenderloin.
A lean piece of beef that is often larded with bacon and served quite rare, this gorgeous bit of steak is so tender you should be able to cut it with your fork alone.
Dressed with a red wine reduction, crusted with pepper, or simply glistening with natural pan juices, a filet mignon is always a treat.
Please respect the purity of the filet mignon and don’t marinate it or over season. The pleasure of this cut is in the exquisite texture and natural flavor.
Cooking & Serving
Sear at high heat for a short period of time to avoid drying the filet out. Then cook to desired doneness at lower heat. Often, filet mignon is cut into 1 to 2 inch pieces and wrapped in bacon before cooking. The added fat creates optimum moisture for this lean cut. Go easy: the filet mignon is best when served rare.