D’Artagnan French Garlic Sausage, or Saucisson a l’Ail, is a delightfully pungent French-style sausage made from a blend of humanely-raised pork and veal. Following a proprietary recipe, our sausage is generously seasoned with garlic and red wine. It’s a prime component in our signature Cassoulet Kit and wonderful on a charcuterie board but it’s use shouldn’t end there. Read on for more tasty ideas. Storage & UseOur French Garlic Sausage is sold fresh, fully-cooked and ready to serve. Keep covered in the refrigerator until ready to use or freeze before the date printed on the package. When frozen in airtight packaging, garlic sausage will keep in the freezer for several months.
Garlic sausage has no casing. It can be left whole, sliced or diced and eaten on it’s own or added to recipes. It can be served cold, at room temperature or heated. Although fully-cooked, it’s delicious when crisped by searing, sautéing or grilling and when diced and added to dishes during the cooking process.
Just a Few Ideas for Cooking with D’Artagnan Garlic Sausage· Classic Cassoulet… Of course we can’t talk about French garlic sausage without mentioning Cassoulet. The moist, fragrant sausage adds rich pork flavor, mellow garlic taste and pleasing texture to Cassoulet.
· Easy Hors d’oeuvre… Pre-cooked French garlic sausage makes quick and easy party food. Grill ¼ inch slices of garlic sausage until lightly crisped and serve on crostini with an assortment of mustards.
· Outstanding “en croute”… French garlic sausage is delicious when wrapped in flaky dough then baked. Try it wrapped with store-bought puffed pastry, baked then sliced. For even more flavor, add extra fillings like grainy mustard, sautéed onion, or chutney before wrapping. If you have an aptitude for baking, try it en brioche, or baked in the center of a rectangular loaf of homemade brioche. The garlicky sausage flavor is balanced by the sweet, buttery bread. Serve thin slices with cornichons and mustard.
· Lovely Legumes… Garlic sausage enhances stewed legumes like French lentils or beans. Dice and add in the last half of cooking or slice, sear until crisp and serve on top.
· Serious Salads… Strips of garlic sausage are wonderful tossed into fresh green salads. Try it in place of chicken or turkey breast in your usual Cobb, Caesar or chopped salad. Or whip up a batch of French-style potato salad. Made without mayonnaise, French potato salad is light yet satisfying. Warm, halved red potatoes and slices of garlic sausage are mixed with fresh herbs and seasoned with chicken stock, white wine, mustard and vinegar.
· Super Charctuerie… Always have some French garlic sausage on-hand for your charcuterie board. The soft texture and punch of garlic mate well with peppery saucisson sec, rich country pâté, sultry smoked duck breast and creamy foie gras. Cornichons, mustard, olives and bread round out the group. And don’t forget the wine!
· Flavor Pasta and Rice… A little diced garlic sausage adds a lot of flavor to pasta, grain and rice dishes. Try it in Chinese-style fried rice, creamy risotto, classic mac ‘n’ cheese or baked farro.
Buy D’Artagnan Garlic Sausage
Additional Recipe Suggestions using D’Artagnan Garlic SausageLe Cassoulet Cassoulet D'Artagnan Super Pig-In-A-Blanket