Sheet Pan Pork Tenderloin with Apples, Onions, & Spiced Sweet Potatoes
D'Artagnan | Yield: Serves 3-4 | Cook Time: about 1 hour
Here’s an easy recipe for juicy pork tenderloin with roasted apples, sweet onions, and fluffy yams with spiced butter. It takes less than an hour to prepare, making it a great weeknight dinner.
- 4 medium yams or sweet potatoes
- Neutral oil
- 2 small red onions, sliced
- 3 medium sweet-tart apples, like Braeburn or Fuji, cored and thickly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh sage, divided use
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pack Berkshire Pork Tenderloins
- ½ teaspoon sweet paprika
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened, divided use
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Using a fork, prick each of the sweet potatoes all over 5 or 6 times and rub with a little oil. Place sweet potatoes on a rimmed sheet pan and roast for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to a large bowl add onions, apples, garlic, thyme, 1 teaspoon of the sage, and about 1 tablespoon oil. Toss to coat; season with salt and pepper.
- Remove pan from oven. Move sweet potatoes to one side and spread apple mixture evenly over the rest of the pan. Roast for 15 minutes.
- Using butcher’s string, tie the tenderloins into two small roasts, folding in the skinny tail ends if needed. Season both sides with salt, pepper, and sweet paprika; brush tenderloins lightly with oil.
- Remove from the oven, gently stir apple mixture, then dot with 2 tablespoons of the butter. Place prepared pork tenderloins on top of the apples. Roast for 15-20 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of one of the tenderloins registers 140 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, mix remaining 3 tablespoons butter with cinnamon and remaining teaspoon of sage. Mix well and season with salt to taste.
- Rest tenderloins for at least 5 minutes before slicing against the grain. Open sweet potatoes and top each with spiced butter mixture. Serve with apples and pan juices.