Grilled Greek-Style Lamb Burgers
D'Artagnan | Yield: Serves 4
Our grilled lamb burgers are packed with flavor from fresh herbs, feta, tomato jam, and a balsamic glaze. So easy to make, they're a great alternative to basic beef burgers.
- 24 ounces Ground Lamb
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped mint
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 Greek-style pitas
- Olive oil
- Balsamic glaze
- Feta cheese, crumbled
- Tomato jam
- Red onion, thinly sliced
- Preheat grill to high.
- To a mixing bowl, add lamb, shallot, garlic, mint, parsley, oregano, and paprika. Gently mix until combined, being careful not to overmix. Form four 6 ounce patties. Season each side of each patty with salt and pepper.
- Lightly oil the grill grates. Grill patties until desired doneness (about 4 minutes each side for medium-rare). Remove patties to a cutting board and rest for at least 5 minutes.
- While patties are resting, lightly brush the pitas with olive oil and grill until hot and slightly crisp.
- Place patties on one side of each pita and dress with balsamic glaze, feta, tomato jam, arugula, and onion. Fold pitas over and serve immediately.