Sales Representative/Ambassador (Philadelphia, PA)
D’Artagnan, the nation’s premier specialty food distributor has a unique and exciting opportunity for a passionate food service professional with leadership ability. If you are a chef and you're tired of the long hours that comes with working in the kitchen, then this is a great opportunity for you! Candidates will have the ability and desire to build and cultivate business to consumer relationships, is skilled at problem solving and can execute outstanding service to clients. Must possess an entrepreneurial spirit and have a proven background in sales, particularly in the restaurant industry. We are seeking a strong and eager candidate with a passion for high quality culinary products to expand the Philadelphia territory. The ability to be analytical in a fast paced work environment is also desired.
Candidates should be eager and have a willingness to succeed in an exciting new role.
This position is not a typical sales position.
Strong food knowledge and management experience in quality full service restaurants and/or hotels is a minimum requirement for this position, sales experience is not required. Both front and back of the house candidates will be considered based on the individual’s experiences. In this position, you will work with top chefs on a daily basis and must be familiar with this caliber of chefs’ expectations and requirements. To be successful you must possess a strong entrepreneur spirit with a passion and knowledge for exquisite food.
You will be joining a team of very dedicated industry professionals with a strong passion for perfection who are results driven. You must be detail oriented, self-motivated, enthusiastic, tenacious and creative without being overbearing and possess strong communication, collaboration and presentation skills.
While fundamentally a sales role, this position also has direct influence in areas of logistics and other operational functions.
Relocation is not available for this position and only candidates located in the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania area will be considered.
Salary and Benefits
- Total compensation includes a base salary plus annual bonus potential. Base salary is commensurate with experience.
- Health Benefits
- Car Allowance
- Has an entrepreneurial spirit with a strong desire for success
- Is passionate, engaging and has an ability to work well with many different types of people, particularly Chefs
- Is dedicated, motivated, enthusiastic, creative and tenacious
- Passionate foodservice professional
- Strong food knowledge, management experience in quality full service restaurants or hotels
- Ability and desire to build and cultivate business
- Skilled at problem solving and can execute outstanding service to clients
- Eager and have a willingness to succeed in an exciting new role
- Individual who aspires for greatness and always outperforms at everything they do
Duties and Responsibilities
- Promote and sell high end gourmet products
- Develop new business at an aggressive rate, penetrate existing accounts, and minimize lost business to achieve profitable sales growth and special objectives within assigned territory
- Understand customer business needs in order to present products that would meet those needs
- Keep up with market trends and recommend products to customers, based on business needs and goals
- Answer customers' questions about products, prices, availability, and product uses. Have proficient product knowledge in order to provide information and useful training to customer personnel
- Communicate and collect accounts receivable as necessary, working with the credit department and client; collect all balances due based on approved credit terms
- Provide a territory sales forecast on a monthly basis. Provide a target list of new accounts monthly
- Review and discuss weekly with management your gross sales, gross profit, target account progress, new account sales and lost accounts
- Penetrate and increase sales in the existing and new accounts assigned to the position
- Participate in company functions, promotions, customer visits, and customer events. Attend and participate in general sales and district meetings
- Perform administrative duties, such as preparing sales budgets and reports, maintaining sales records, processing credits and pick-up requests, preparing sales quotes and menu suggestions, and filing reports
- Other duties may be assigned
- Assist with the training of new employees as requested
- Degree preferred
- 5-7 years of sales, and/or chef/restaurant management experience, and/or related (Business, Sales, Marketing, Hospitality, or Culinary Arts) degree
- Basic PC skills and proficiency with MS Outlook, Word Perfect, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Reside or willing to relocate to the geographical vicinity of territory
- Ability to read, write, speak English
If you are interested in the position listed above, please e-mail us your resume and salary requirements to email@example.comReturn To Careers Page
D’Artagnan provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, D’Artagnan complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
D’Artagnan expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of D’Artagnan’s employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.