Financial Analyst (Union, NJ)
As an analyst in the accounting department, you will prepare financial analysis and presentations that provide management with critical information used to make decisions that directly impact the company’s operations. Thorough working knowledge of Excel and ERP systems is critical along with the ability to develop a concise analyses and present data in a clear format. It is the expectation of that a person in the position will develop a strong understanding of the intricacies of the company, including key drivers, market conditions, business trends, etc., in order to perform profitability analysis to help uncover potential opportunities or risks. This position reports to the Controller.
- Develop and implement programmed and manually produced ad hoc reports and charts, using Excel and PowerPoint as well as in-house systems. Review reports for accuracy and consistency.
- Develop presentations for various accounting meetings as well as monthly presentations for the Executive Group on key performance indicators. Develop creative and innovative ways of illustrating new ideas and strategies to management.
- Create and manipulate financial models in MS Excel. Ensure accuracy of model and develop solid assumptions. Develop concise output of model in a format that is clear to management.
- Prepare and execute other financial analyses and special projects such as expense analyses, trend analyses by cost center and channel and other analyses related to group and company- wide performance.
- Collaborate with all members of the accounting group to ensure the highest level of accuracy of the group’s work product.
- Perform such other responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time as they relate to the accounting department. These include journal entries, balance sheet and profit and loss analysis vs budget and prior year.
- Ability to work extended hours (after 5:30 p.m.) based upon work deliverables
- Ability to work extended hours during month end close and for annual audit
Skill Set Requirements
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to comprehend fast- paced business issues and practices
- Advanced Excel, E-21(or similar ERP system) , PowerPoint
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to employ time management practices
- Ability to collaborate with all levels of the organization
- Ingenuity, Creativity
- Detailed Financial Modeling skills
- Strong ability to multi-task
Education and Experience
- Bachelors in Business (e.g. Accounting, Finance or Economics)
- 3-5 years of financial analysis experience in a entrepreneurial environment
- Strong experience and knowledge of Excel, PPT and various ERP system experience
- Experience with distribution and or logistic operations
- Accounting experience in either public or private industry
- Advanced degree
If you are interested in the position listed above, please e-mail us your resume and salary requirements to email@example.comReturn To Careers Page
D’Artagnan provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, D’Artagnan complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
D’Artagnan expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of D’Artagnan’s employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.