Grilled Andouille & Spicy Shrimp Kabobs
D'Artagnan | Yield: 4 | Cook Time: 10 minutes
Each juicy shrimp hugs a chunk of Cajun sausage in this quick kabob recipe. We brush the kabobs with a spicy, seasoned oil for an extra punch of flavor.
- 1 pound large shrimp, deveined and shelled (tail on)
- 1 pack Andouille sausage, cut into 1 inch slices
- 2 tablespoons neutral oil, like grapeseed
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon coarse cracked black pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried chili flakes
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- Soak bamboo skewers in water for 30 minutes before starting. Heat a gas grill to high or heat coals in a charcoal grill until they glow bright orange and ash over.
- While grill is heating, wrap shrimp around Andouille slices and thread onto bamboo skewers. In a small bowl, stir together oil, thyme, garlic, pepper, chili flakes, and paprika. Brush seasoning mixture onto skewers.
- Place skewers on the grill and cook until sausage is slightly charred and shrimp are cooked through, about 4 minutes on each side. Continue to brush with seasoned oil while cooking.
- Serve with your favorite grilling side dishes, or over soft polenta.