Tuscan-Style Veal Chops
D'Artagnan | Yield: 2 | Cook Time: 15 minutes
These juicy veal chops are very simply grilled with garlic and fresh herbs - but they are packed with flavor. A drizzle of olive oil and squeeze of grilled lemon before serving adds a mellow, citrus kick.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more as needed
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- 2 Veal Chops Milanese
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lemon, thickly sliced
- Heat a gas grill to medium high or heat coals in a charcoal grill until they glow bright orange and ash over. Lightly oil hot grates.
- In a non-reactive dish, stir together 2 tablespoons olive oil, garlic, rosemary, and sage. Add veal chops, toss to coat completely. Season both sides of each chop with salt and pepper.
- Place chops on the hot grill and cook about 6 minutes. Using tongs, turn each chop over and continue to cook until medium (about 140 degrees on an instant read thermometer), or until desired doneness. Remove veal to a platter, drizzle with olive oil, tent with foil, and allow to rest for about 6 minutes.
- While chops are resting, brush lemon slices with olive oil and grill until slightly charred and warmed through.
- Serve veal chops with lemon slices and your favorite side dishes. We suggest grilled artichokes and a simply dressed arugula salad.